Friday, June 26, 2015

Frozen Yogurt vs. Sorbet?


Which Is Healthier?

One of my food passions is ice cream, and when I changed my diet, I knew I had to deviate from that to something more healthy.  I love frozen yogurt, and now can fill my guilty pleasure with that every once in a while.  After reading up on this, most chose the frozen yogurt.
Sorbet is naturally fat-free and is a  combination of fruit, water, and juice.  Since it contains no dairy, sorbet is ideal for the lactose intolerant, but it lacks calcium and protein. A half-cup portion of nonfat frozen yogurt, made from dairy, provides four grams of  protein and 15 % of your daily calcium requirement, and usually has less sugar than sorbet.  Below is a comparison of Strawberry flavor in both:
 
 
Strawberry Nonfat Frozen Yogurt
(1/2 cup)
117 calories
150 milligrams calcium
4 grams protein
 
Strawberry Sorbet
(1/2 cup)
                                                                     121 calories                                                                         
0 milligrams calcium
0 grams protein

Let me know  your favorite dessert, if you also had to change your diet?

No comments:

Post a Comment